Medium: Television
Fandom: Fringe
Subject: Peter/Olivia
Title: "What You Need Is Some Jazz"
Warnings: No specific spoilers, but made with the majority of S3 in mind.
Notes: This mix came about almost like an accident. After seeing the tragedy that was the season 3 finale, I was rewatching some old season 1 and 2 episodes. I wanted to make a Peter/Olivia fanmix, and then I watched a scene near the end of 1x03 ("The Ghost Network"), where Peter tells Olivia that she needs some jazz, and plays her "Someone to Watch Over Me". Then, in 2x19 ("Brown Betty"), Peter asks Olivia if she likes jazz, and later in the episode, Olivia sings "For Once In My Life". So this mix was born. 12 tracks of jazz music, attempting to map out the journey of Peter and Olivia's relationship from day one to almost the end of season 3.

(Apologies for the rubbish cover - I have little to no art skills)



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1. “Someone To Watch Over Me” – Frank Sinatra

There's a somebody I'm longing to see / I hope that she turns out to be / Someone who'll watch over me / I'm a little lamb who's lost in the wood / I know I could always be good / To one who'll watch over me / Although I may not be the man some / Girls think of as handsome/ To her heart I'll carry the key/ Won't you tell her please to put on some speed / Follow my lead, oh, how I need / Someone to watch over me.

2. “Trust in me” – Etta James

Trust in me in all you do / Have the faith I have in you / Love will see us through, if only you trust in me / Why don't you, you trust me? / Come to me when things go wrong / Cling to me daddy, woh yeah and I'll be strong / We can get along, we can get along ,oh if only you trust in me / While there's a moon, a moon up high / While there are birds, birds to fly / While there is you, a you and I, I can be sure that I love you, oh / Stand beside me, stand beside me all the while

3. “When You’re Smiling” – Louis Armstrong

When you're smilin',keep on smilin' / The whole world smiles with you / And when you're laughin', keep on laughin' / The sun comes shinin' through / But when you're cryin', you bring on the rain / So stop your frownin', be happy again / Cause when you're smilin', keep on smilin' / The whole world smiles with you

4. “For Once In My Life” – Gladys Knight and the Pips

For once in my life / I have someone who needs me / Someone I needed so long/ For once unafraid / I can go where life leads me / And somehow I know I’ll be strong… / For once in my life / I won’t let sorrow hurt me / Not like it’s hurt me before, oh/ For once I have something I know won’t desert me / Cause I’m not alone anymore

5. “Earthbound” – Sammy Davis Jr

I felt your arms around me / And I was safe and warm in your embrace / Suddenly, the chains that bound me / Were gone and I was soaring into space / I thought happiness missed me / But you changed my world around / Yes, I was Earthbound / Until you first kissed me / And then in your arms / I became Heavenbound

6. “They Can’t Take That Away From Me” – Ella Fitzgerald

They may take you from me, / I'll miss your fond caress, / but though they take you from me / I'll still possess… / The way your smile just beams / The way you sing off key / The way you haunt my dreams / No they can't take that away from me… / The way you hold your knife / The way we danced till three / The way you changed my life / No they can't take that away from me

7. “Just The Way You Are” – Harry Connick Jr

I would not leave you, in times of trouble, / We never could have come this far, / I took the good times, I'll take the bad times, / I'll take you just the way you are. / Don't go trying, some new fashion, / Don't change the colour of your hair, / You always have my, unspoken passion, / Although I might not seem to care… / I need to know that you will always be / The same old someone that I knew, / What will it take till you believe in me, / The way that I believe in you? / I said I love you, and that's forever, / And this I promise from the heart, / I couldn't love you, any better, / I love you just the way you are.

8. “Smoke Gets In Your Eyes” – Dinah Washington

They asked me how I knew / My true love was true / Oh, I of course replied / Something here inside cannot be denied / They said someday you'll find / All who love are blind / Oh, when your heart's on fire / You must realize / Smoke gets in your eyes / So I chaffed them and I gaily laughed / To think they could doubt my love / Yet today my love has flown away / I am without my love

9. “Answer Me, My Love” – Nat King Cole

Answer me, oh, my love / Just what sin have I been guilty of? / Tell me how I came to lose your love / Please answer me, sweetheart/ You were mine yesterday/ I believed that love was here to stay / Won't you tell me where I've gone astray? / Please answer me, my love… / You must know I've been true / Won't you say that we can start anew? / In my sorrow now I turn to you / Please answer me, my love

10. “Please Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” – Nina Simone

If I seem edgy, / I want you to know, / I never meant to take it out on you. / Life has its problems, / and I get more than my share; / but that's one thing I never mean to do / 'cause I love you. / Oh baby, I'm just human./ Don't you know I have faults like anyone? / Sometimes I find myself alone regretting / some little foolish thing; / some simple thing that I've done./ But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good; / oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.

11. “Everything” – Michael Bublé

You're a falling star, You're the getaway car. / You're the line in the sand when I go too far. / You're the swimming pool, on an August day. / And you're the perfect thing to say. / And you play it coy, but it's kinda cute. / Ah, When you smile at me you know exactly what you do./ Baby don't pretend, that you don't know it's true. / Cause you can see it when I look at you. / And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times / It's you, it's you, You make me sing. / You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

12. “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)” – Natalie Cole

I'm so glad / He found me in time / And I'm so glad that / He rectified my mind / This will be / An everlasting love for me, whoa, ho / Loving you / Is some kind of wonderful / Because you've shown me / Just how much you care / You've given me the thrill of a lifetime / And made me believe you've got more thrills to spare, oh / This will be/ And everlasting love, oh, yes, it will now / You've brought a lot of sunshine into my life / You've filled me with happiness I never knew / You gave me more joy than I ever dreamed of / And no one, no one can take the place of you


Tags:
.

Profile

faith_less_one: (Default)
faith_less_one

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags